View Single Post
Old 19-03-2008, 21:00   #1479
popper
Inactive

popper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze array
popper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze array
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderHanff View Post

If Phorm had any common sense they would drop the UK market like a hot stone, this controversy has lost them tens of millions of GBP in share capital over the past 3 weeks.

They would be better off concentrating their efforts on the US, who are bound to lap this up given their existing and historical stance on privacy.

At least that way their share price -might- start to recover

Mind you I am waiting for them to launch in the US so EFF can take them and their partners straight to court,

only the federal government are allowed to use illegal wiretaps
(well they aren't really according to the Senate Oversight Committee or whatever they are called, but Bush like to think he is immune).

Alexander Hanff
carrage returns are GOOD

it seems this other NebuAD outfit are in the US right now.

do the US actually have any DPA or RIPA type laws to protect their consumers data etc?.
Wide Open West Using NebuAD
Users don't get much of a heads up...
09:02AM Tuesday Mar 11 2008 by Karl
tags: business · cable · privacy · networking · WOW Internet and Cable

A user for cable operator Wide Open West writes in: "Just thought you'd like to know, that I'm suspicious of my ISP, Wide Open West.

I'm in the Chicagoland area, and it sure looks like they're allowing NebuAD to infect their network (sorry - my personal interpretation...I'm quite peeved about this) and altering pages to include their tracking cookies.

To my knowledge I received no forewarning that they'd be trying this stunt."

"