View Single Post
Old 12-10-2021, 18:37   #10
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: OnDigltal/ITV Digital exclusive channels and services

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rillington View Post
It was the crazy amount of money that ITV paid for the rights to the Football League that caused ITV Digital to collapse. They paid £125+million per season for three years instead of paying that amount for all three seasons. If they had done the latter I think that ITV Digital would have survived.
I do agree, there were plans afoot to upgrade the encryption which were potentially 2 years away but the Football League rights were astonishing amounts for rights that are very much secondary to end users.

If I recall ITVD tried to renegotiate with the league who refused, under the false belief that Carlton and Granada would be liable on any case. When ITVD folded they got less from Sky than the ITV Digital proposal.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote