Thread: Streaming Foundation
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2021, 18:22   #20
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Foundation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
Renewed for a second season alredy.
Good. Any indication how many books they are doing per series? Is S1 book 1 in its entirety?

Only watched first episode so far. Very impressed, though the galaxy isn't the way I pictured it, then or now (currently on Book 3). All the various factions are more varied and more colourful. In my head it was more Buck Rogers/Battlestar Reboot/Caprica, with a certain uniformity of worlds and their peoples (and I read the first book before the latter two shows I mentioned existed), and maybe a smattering of Dune film (1984).

Probably for the best though, it makes it visually different than the usual look of space epics TV and Film audiences are used to. If it looked generic, those unfamiliar with the books would probably dismiss it straight away and not sample the show.

Last edited by cheekyangus; 08-10-2021 at 18:26.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote