Thread: General Local TV
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2021, 18:39   #125
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Local TV

There was an attempt to launch an analogue Terrestrial local channel here some time after(as far as I recall) Channel 5 launched, they got as far as making some short content and broadcasting it on a promo loop for a month or two, but it never properly launched. I was under the impression it was part of a wider enterprise called TV Local given the way I recall it being talked about in the local paper prior to it starting. Ours was to be called TV Local Perth.

When the current DTT Local TV project was started I was surprised the nearest license was only for Dundee as we had this previous attempt, it seemed good business sense to target a slightly wider area. They could've called it Tayside TV. As it is we can actually receive the current incarnation even though we're not in the official intended catchment area.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote