View Single Post
Old 23-08-2018, 15:40   #34
G4v1n
Inactive

G4v1n is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Does downgrading put you into a new contract?

Following the debacle with the UK TV channels and the seemingly never ending series of price rises (the latest being the £3.50 one I was just notified of) I'm definitely interested in canceling my TV XL bundle and going broadband only. I don't have phone since I didn't want it in the first place - though VM did everything to push it on me even sending one around with the engineer who first came to install my box.

If I can't simply downgrade to a lower service level, like I could with Sky, I'll just cancel altogether and look at other options. The reason I don't want to commit to 12 months at this time is simply because i'm hoping to move house before the end of the year and there's no telling if I can even get VM at wherever I buy, and don't want to pay a cancellation fee due to early contract termination in that event.

Unfortunately, past experience dealing with VM on the telephone has been awful with long waits, diifficulty finding out what I want to know and high call charges from my mobile, so if anyone can simply tell me what the policy is I'd be grateful.
G4v1n is offline   Reply With Quote