View Single Post
Old 07-03-2021, 18:43   #67
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: The future of television

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Eh?

You can already record IPTV...

https://www.simplehelp.net/2019/12/1...n-iptv-stream/

ON your second point, you’re still saying there won’t be a daily schedule of timed programmes running one after another (like we have now), just scheduled live "stuff"?

I beg to disagree.
Oh, yeah, I can well imagine the multitudes doing that!

---------- Post added at 18:43 ---------- Previous post was at 18:36 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
So in other words you still think that linear TV will end, with the extremely limited exception of stuff that can’t physically be supplied any other way because it’s live. You think no broadcaster would actually choose to make any content available according to a strict linear schedule.

Or am I misunderstanding you again? Perhaps put it this way: do you or do you not think that Eastenders and Coronation Street will continue to be made available at a set time each weekday evening?
Obviously, that could happen, but I think it is far more likely that these programmes will be loaded at the same time each morning. Why would they load the day’s programmes to an on demand system in dribs and drabs? Only the live streams are likely to be available from a later time in the day or evening, I would have thought.