View Single Post
Old 18-02-2021, 23:30   #10305
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by japitts View Post
You can't take individual SS channels with VM - it's the whole package or nothing at all.

I can't fathom out Sky here to be fair... they've shown interest in the next bundling of Six Nations/autumn internationals, and the Sanzar contract fits nicely with that.

The value has undoubtedly fallen, and I dare say Sanzar are partly to blame in over-valuing the rights. I'm slightly surprised BT haven't shown an interest in the Kiwi rounds.

And the paying fan/subscriber loses out, while they all play hardball.
I know you can't just have Sky Premier League through VM - but you can through sky.

I am sure you are correct re over-valuing, although they should be able to get access to previous year's viewing stats.

It's possible dropping to rights hasn't affected the Southern Hemisphere as much, particularly as crowds are back down the Rest?

As you say it's the consumer that suffers - first games of Australian comp start tomorrow morning, although I prefer the NZ games which start next week.

It would be good to get some news asap - although I realise it is less important to UK viewers than the India/England cricket which went to the wire.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote