View Single Post
Old 18-02-2021, 17:10   #10304
japitts
cf.geek

Services: V6 with Full-House/Maxit Sports & Movies, 100Mb broadband, Talk Weekends.
japitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud of
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
Sky seem to be dropping rugby union following their exit from Autumn Internationals, now Super Rugby (hadn't realised it was time for a re-start).

Sky sports is becoming an expensive luxury - only have Premier League football and Super League (rugby league) that I want to watch.

Might ditch it and just keep BT Sports, possibly with SS Prem League channel.

Last minute negotiations seem to be the in thing with the more minor sports - as per India v England cricket tour.
You can't take individual SS channels with VM - it's the whole package or nothing at all.

I can't fathom out Sky here to be fair... they've shown interest in the next bundling of Six Nations/autumn internationals, and the Sanzar contract fits nicely with that.

The value has undoubtedly fallen, and I dare say Sanzar are partly to blame in over-valuing the rights. I'm slightly surprised BT haven't shown an interest in the Kiwi rounds.

And the paying fan/subscriber loses out, while they all play hardball.
japitts is offline   Reply With Quote