View Single Post
Old 12-02-2021, 11:53   #10276
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaz82 View Post
And this is the problem with the way subscription TV is going! Customers complain that their subscription price is too high or expect introductory new customer deals to last forever but then complain when there's no investment made into the product!

The same with sports rights, the provider loses sports rights because they need to cut costs or cannot bid as high due to less subscription income. So someone else picks up the rights and charges a separate subscription. Net, the customer ends up paying more than they did previously to the two companies combined!

The loser is the casual viewer that may choose to dip in and out every now and then but aren't prepared to pay a second subscription.

Sometimes a monopoly isn't a bad thing!
Agreed, it was a lot better when Sky had all the rights - one sub to pay take it or leave it.

So called competition has just increased the number of subs required to watch all my favourite sports (and the cost)

I don't agree that the casual viewer is the loser - the main losers are those like me who want to watch all/most sporting events
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote