View Single Post
Old 04-01-2021, 16:56   #107
Bort
cf.member

Bort is on a distinguished roadBort is on a distinguished road
Re: 1gig Rollout getting faster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarf2007 View Post
Ok so quick update on this. Even though my hub4 doesn't have the latest firmware which would stop the ports 'unbonding' I went ahead with the setup anyway as figured I could at least test full speed for a few hours then it will drop down to one link so will be back to 950/52 which is what I had with just the AX86u and hub4 in modem mode.

Anyway, purchased the Mikrotik router and updated to the latest stable firmware and running in router mode. Configured the bond for two 1Gbps interfaces that were connected to the hub4. Bridged the bond (disabling arp) to the single interface that has a 10g copper module (also support 2.5g and 5g).

I then inside the Asus ax86u set the WAN port as the 2.5g port, connected with a cat6 cable to the Mikrotik router on its 10g copper module and confirmed that the Asus WAN port speed negotiated at 2.5g.

After rebooting everything and what seemed like 5 minutes, I got an Internet connection.

However, when testing with speed test I am getting 600/52 maximum!! tried removing one of the cables from the hub4 to Mikrotik but still no change. Not sure if the Mikrotik is restricting something as when I go direct from router's 2.5g wan port to hub4 (negotiated at 1Gbps) I get 950/52!!

only had limited time for testing so will try again later and report back..might also be better if and when vm deliver the firmware update to hub4.
When I've done the same testing I get 350Mb/s per link (2 links) and not 1.2Gb/s but this is when the Hub is in Router mode.

In Modem Mode it's a different story but due to ARP issues I can't get it working consistently, I'm still on older firmware.
Bort is offline   Reply With Quote