View Single Post
Old 07-12-2020, 16:41   #100
rtho782
cf.addict

rtho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nice
Re: 1gig Rollout getting faster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexxeh View Post
We've had a series of outages in the past week (though nothing showing up on service status), and then another extended (3 hour plus) outage today which did show up on service status.

Interestingly I noticed afterwards that I had a new IP with a hostname of a completely different format (specifying "v4wan", so maybe part of IPv6 upgrades too?), and the CMTS MAC address is different (but still within a Cisco owned OUI when looking it up).

Does this typically happen shortly before Gig1 is made available to an area? Where I used to live this made the 200->350mbit upgrade available a few weeks after.
I had similar changing my IP a few months back (although I didn't check the CMTS MAC before/after) and no sign of gig1 so I don't think it's any sort of imminent sign as still no gig1 here.

That said, they like to release large areas at the same time for gig1 so it could be to do with gig1 but it might be you're the first in a massive area to have your CMTS upgraded and you'll have to wait for all the others to be done before they release it.
rtho782 is offline   Reply With Quote