View Single Post
Old 29-05-2020, 10:02   #13
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Re: Website Unsafe Message (Microsoft Browsers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushan View Post
Except it has been EOL since 2006, so anything found after that has not been "sorted".

Also bold of you to assume that exploits for Windows 10 don't also affect 98, you'd be surprised!

To be honest, I'm rarely surprised at anything concerning windows - especially the later versions. Every 'improvement' brings more 'exploits' with it, and Microsoft show great keenness in releasing patch after patch to address the stuff that they missed by pushing out poorly tested 'fixes'

I've worked at companies where the IT management insist on the 'auto update' being always on (can you turn it off in the latest OS? ), which has led to massive and costly downtime when the update borked the whole system

Regarding the EOL slant, newer isn't always better for what/how you use it. When my Plasma TV dies, I'll be looking to purchase a used one to replace it, not a brand new 'bells n whistles' TV with poorer performance.
The Ford Capri EOL was late 70's but I'd love to own one instead of this modern masterpiece that has innumerable gadgets and features that are simply more things to go wrong and expensive to fix . . . and I can't easily fix myself

Turned into a bit of a 'get it off your chest' rant, sorry, but not everyone has the need or desire to keep up with the Jonses
Carth is offline   Reply With Quote