View Single Post
Old 16-08-2017, 11:24   #3
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: Moto G5 roaming/network problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcimedes View Post
We had a problem went we to France last month. The wife's phone worked perfectly but mine wouldn't work for data roaming. It appeared as if it wasn't enabled. We had been to France last October but I hadn't used data roaming. What I did was to phone Virgin and they gave the data roaming a hit. This didn't initially work so I swapped the sims between the 2 phones and that seemed to make it work so I swapped the sims back and everything thing started working properly. They also gave me an extra 1GB of data.
Interesting thanks.

I've found out a bit more now. She's got 2 phones with her and both are having data issues. The G5 has a VM PAYG SIM and the other phone a 3 SIM. She's managed to get both working normally (texts, calls) except for data. Oddly, when she searches for a network she picks up a list but the one she usually uses 'Orange' shows up as "forbidden!" for some reason.

I've checked the VM and 3 websites and both seem to indicate that data roaming in the EU ought to be enabled automatically on PAYG. Certainly that's what's happened before. I'm wondering whether on the Virgin side the problem is due to the new phone or the change to her SIM which was required at the time (her old one was disabled and she was provided with a 4G 3 in 1 SIM so she could could fit it in the G5's nano sized slot).

On the other phone we're not sure whether the 3 SIM ever worked for data as she only every used it for calls/texts when over there. It's possible then that data roaming was never enabled on it and she just didn't realise before now because she'd never tried it. The 3 site is a bit confusing because in places it states that PAYG SIMs ought to work for data in the EU automatically but in others it states that this feature needs to be enabled in the UK before travelling.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote