View Single Post
Old 13-04-2021, 10:46   #86
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: Prince Philip has Died R.I.P

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
100%

It's the stuff of tinpot dictatorships.

Saying it's the British Broadcasting Corporation as a justification for that level of sycophantic nationalism we would mock the North Koreans for is no justification at all.

<SNIP>.
Exactamundo. And where was the BBC during Brexit?
Siding with the wretched EU!

One thing that was missing from Prince Philip's utterings was any remark about the EU.

---------- Post added at 10:46 ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
The BBC exists by Royal Charter, which is up for renewal in 2027. They will also feel threatened by the current Government after relatively recent actions by them. Add this to the accusations by some Tories that they didn't show enough deference when the Queen Mother died and you can see why they didn't want to take any chances.

The BBC was also critiscised for creating a special easy way to complain about this, so took down the link.

I suspect that they are pleased that there were so many complaints as it gives them a way to act more appropriately in the future without upsetting MP's as it would be 'the will of the people'.
The BBC are as far up themselves as the EU. They interpret their 'learnings' into better means of getting away with the same arrogance next time. The MPs will have noticed.

As regards the Queen Mother, the BBC got it right as I recall. Anyway, she was a wartime star providing support to the suffering people.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote