View Single Post
Old 21-01-2018, 15:24   #4978
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Rate the last movie you saw

The Post has largely been shut out of major nominations for the Baftas and the Golden Gloves. I also don't think that's an outrageous decision, it's good but not amazing. Same goes with Three Billboards.

Personally I would like to see Dunkirk or Get Out win but both are unlikely, especially the latter. Hell how about Logan? I haven't seen Shape of Water or Lady Bird either which seem to be getting a lot of hype to be Best Picture. Lady Bird being a contender for 'shock' winner of Best Picture.

Quote:
Traditionally the nominated films are less blockbuster/entertaining films and more drama/true story which is fine (there have been some cracking films over the last couple of years) but would you want to see them at the cinema.
I think over the last few years Mad Max and Dunkirk would have been/will be deserving winners of Best Picture. Both did something different. They both told a story without much words and both were well scored and shot, really nicely shot in fact. Dunkirk is a brave film to make and that should be rewarded. There is a snobbery about actions films though and the Oscars do tend to award the earnest dramas. Marvel or Star Wars IMO don't deserve nominations. They're fun films but they don't do anything different or say anything different. Very 'paint by numbers' films. Although as I said before Logan should get a shout (and yes I know it's not technically Marvel).

I didn't think Spotlight deserved it either.
Damien is online now   Reply With Quote