Thread: General Sky or VM
View Single Post
Old 17-01-2018, 21:13   #10
weesteev
Cable Guru

Services: Virgin Media Gig1 RFOG, TV360, Stream, GoFibre 1Gb
weesteev has reached the bronze age
weesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze age
Re: Sky or VM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthorn View Post
If its any help I ditched virgin tv in September and got sky q.
Kept the 100 mb broadband and phone from VM for £37
I`ve got the superhub 2 and it works fine with sky q
If its any help, I ditched Sky Q after almost a year of heartache, technical issues, box swaps, rewiring, wifi boosters, ethernet cable runs, 2 new dishes... and have now gone to BT TV which has been tremendous.

Everyones experience is different when it comes to TV, for broadband there will be regional variances with all providers, even VM. I would first check anyone you know locally who has VM and ask their opinion on the service, that woill give youa good indication straight away.

The router with VM is the SuperHub 3, pretty good WiFi coverage but again depends on your house type and many other factors that can affect your WiFi performance. You can always use your own router alongside the hub in modem mode and I would recommend mesh WiFi services like Orbi, BT Whole Home and Deco to boost your home WiFi coverage.

VM is unlimited and doesn't throttle bandwidth.

BT is also unlimited in its top tariff and doesn't throttle, the same as Sky... although your VDSL speeds will depend on your distance to the cabinet, you should be getting the same speed with all providers on VDSL (on the same tarrifs at least)

HTH

Access Network Innovation @ Liberty Global/Virgin Media

All comments are my own opinion and not a direct expression of LG/VM.
weesteev is offline   Reply With Quote