View Single Post
Old 13-06-2021, 14:14   #1280
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Britain outside the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
I wish the Remainers would agree with Carth..
You mean with this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
I'm all for owning it, it's easy . . just don't send any chilled meat to anyone in the EU . . and if that includes Northern Ireland (who are NOT in the EU) then I'm fine with that.

---------- Post added at 14:14 ---------- Previous post was at 14:04 ----------

Quote:

Even if it is careless that Johnson et al thought the EU would implement the agreement in the way I've just mentioned, the Remainers should wish for this rather than go on about following the agreement to the letter while the EU tries to break up the Union.
Obviously, no one is happy about the situation. I think that you're now realising what others have known for some time - that your Party's Prime Minister signed an imperfect deal. Dreaming about fantasy solutions or slagging off the other side won't solve it. Trust and talk will.

Quote:

Even if it is careless that Johnson et al thought the EU would implement the agreement in the way I've just mentioned, the Remainers should wish for this rather than go on about following the agreement to the letter while the EU tries to break up the Union.

The Remainers won't admit that this is an unsaid goal of the EU - to punish the UK as best they can. "Oh", I hear the Remainers say, "where is the link to a stated EU goal to that effect?". The realms of the bleedin' obvious need no published statement.
There's no evidence of punishing the UK, that's just playing the victim mode and not an approach a country like the UK historically takes. It's disappointing you want to pull the UK down to such a level.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote