View Single Post
Old 02-08-2018, 11:42   #13170
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

I know me again talking about my youngest and his job hunt

Well no news as yet on Tesco interview but last night he received an email from Asda stating that his application was unsuccessful and I could not believe what he did, he phoned Asda this morning and asked why his application was rejected and what he could do better his chances and they replied that although he passed the online assessment the job he applied was on counter and you need to be 18 but they do employ 16-year-olds and have advised him to keep looking, they advised him if he see's a job as Ambient Store Colleague or Produce Store Colleague then this job would be suited to his age so he got some really good feedback from them and now know's that Asda takes on 16-year-olds.

He is certainly on a mission as yesterday he went on the Home Bargains job log in page and printed off his CV and application form then got on his bike and cycled down to our local Home Bargains asked to speak to the manager and handed her the envelope containing this and you will never guess he has literally just got a phone call from our local store and he has been offered an interview tomorrow at 1 pm and IMO after the 3 and a 1/2 hour interview he had at Tesco this should be an easy one in comparison.

The pay is totally different from Home Bargains as his pay would be £5.22 whereas Tesco is £9.62, both jobs would be ideal but the pay in Tesco swings it in my opinion tbh even though it's 12 miles away, therefore, he would be relying on us to take him which is not a problem in any way, whereas Home Bargains is only walking distance from both our house and his school so location would be ideal for him.

These two jobs would suit him Tesco for the pay and Home Bargains simply because the location is ideal. He has asked me this morning if he get's offered both jobs what one should he take and I said Tesco, son but it's up to you.

Last edited by weenie; 02-08-2018 at 11:52.
weenie is offline   Reply With Quote