View Single Post
Old 26-12-2018, 20:45   #1
Tabby T
Inactive

Tabby T is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Connecting tivo to Xbox One

Hi all, I'm new around here, so hi! I hope someone can help me with this, as I've been trying loads of different things all afternoon and I'm now giving in and asking the professionals (you!).

So..I got the kids an X Box One for Chrimbo, and I believe you can hook it up to a Tivo box. My TiVo box is in my bedroom, and the X Box is in the lounge. Short of drilling a hole in the wall, threading an HDMI cable through and connecting that way, can I connect in any other way? I have powerline cables, and have tried this, but then the x box says it's not happy because of something to do with it having a wired connection (or maybe a wireless and wired at the same time, I can't remember). It also says it can't access the DC something something server (I know, I'm an amateur!).

So..is it possible to connect this way and I'm doing something wrong, or is it just not possible?

Apologies for the vaguery, but if someone can help me out and explain in plain English what I can do, I'd be extremely grateful. TIA.
Tabby T is offline   Reply With Quote