View Single Post
Old 24-10-2018, 10:35   #919
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Re: Child grooming gang found guilty

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post

The sooner this stops being an issue and we can all treat each other according to our behaviour, the better.
Spot on, by the time (at latest) that people reach their teenage years they should know the difference between right & wrong, good & bad behaviour, and be well on the way to developing morals that will guide them through life.

The problem as I see it, is that some countries have a different view on various things that are perceived as 'right & wrong', and a different moralistic attitude towards the way life is lived and how others are treated.

I'm afraid Religion plays a big part in this, history is rife with examples of 'my God is bigger than your God' and the conflicts that follow.

It's also fair to say that if your early years are governed by bad parents and poor schooling, you may well pick up the wrong outlook on life and find you can't (or won't) fit into society.
Carth is offline   Reply With Quote