View Single Post
Old 17-12-2015, 15:06   #23
Jayo
Inactive

Jayo is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Universal Credit

Well done to you and your friends, I served in the British army and have had no higher than managerial position since leaving the armed forces, its not down to just "grafting your ass off" It is to what's available and circumstance also if as obv. Happened with you the correct person in interviews see's your potential. I have grafted my ass off all my life and will continue to do so , and these companies that actively recruit older people because of their Experience are few and far between nowadays its not 1990 anymore since the governments initiative scheme for employers ended ( to recruit older people) many of your so called companies that actively recruit older people have stopped doing so because they can get 3 18 year old college students for the same minimum wage they can get someone over the age of 25 {25 for minimum wage highest rate} as taking on older folk (over say 55)may be more expensive and counter productive due to work limitations such as heavy lifting etc. Its quite folly to say get a better job , when most work is at minimum wage nowadays and just who is going to invest 3 maybe 4 years into someone of the age of 60 to get them a higher salary ? Nobody that's who. Your also saying someone of 60 or more should do full time employment. At minimum wage then get another job ontop without knowing personal circumstances such as maybe also only carer for their spouse or partner, their in lies the ignorance. I congratulate you on working hard and getting the job you wanted and the salary you deserve, to your friend also who turned his life around. But you are neglecting to take in personal circumstance and are folly to believe that because you and One of your friends managed to do this then Everyone can. If you did some research you would see that even though this figure of 2.2 million unemployed being bandied about by our government it is actually propaganda, due to the sanctions and disallowances by the welfare scheme and the amount of people who are in work and having to use schemes such as food banks and the likes is near the 4million mark, but they wouldn't want that on the news. I am just saying someone nearing retirement after having paid into the welfare scheme for most if not all of their working life Are due something. That's why they payed in , in the first place. Not everything is black and white

---------- Post added at 15:06 ---------- Previous post was at 15:03 ----------

Paid # sorry autocorrect.
Jayo is offline   Reply With Quote