View Single Post
Old 29-08-2014, 16:52   #1
Anonymouse
RIP Tigger - 11 years?!

Services: EE Superfast Broadband
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal
Universal Credit

I thought I'd start a thread for this and my fellow UC sufferers.

I have, finally, received my first payment, so I'm going to pay a visit to my landlord, Bolton At Home, and give 'em the good news that I can finally pay them some rent. I think I'm about 7 weeks behind - 1 week I was in work at Martin-Brower, the second week I was out of work but didn't know it and so didn't make the claim until I found out I'd been dismissed, then the 5 weeks waiting on the DWP to admit I was entitled to UC. The average time, apparently, is nine weeks.

The month of austerity is finally over! I'm not overdrawn any more! I can start having regular hot meals again!

Having said all that, I had an interview in Crewe yesterday (and yes, I did manage to reclaim the travelling expenses!), which went so well they've invited me to take an FLT assessment on Monday - if I pass that, I've got the job and I can kick all this UC nonsense in the head. If not, well, I'll be back to it on Tuesday (it'll likely take me so long to get back from Crewe I won't have time to do more than drop in at the jobcentre and tell 'em I've got a job, if I get it).

So c'mon, share your tales of woe!