View Single Post
Old 11-03-2023, 14:31   #402
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Elon Musk $44 Billion Twitter deal

Musk has stated in the past that he has Aspergers (now referred to as autism).

By definition, sufferers of this condition have extremely poor social skills, which isn't conducive to the management of people or companies.

Other symptoms of Asperger's syndrome include:

- Impulsive behaviour.

- A lack of interpersonal relationship skills and instincts.

- The inability to express one's own feelings.

- A tendancy to often verbalise internal thoughts that most would keep private.

- A flat tone / speaking style that lacks pitch.

- A lack of empathy.

- Obsessions with people or specific subjects.

He would be a lot better employing someone to run and communicate about his companies on his behalf.

On Radio 4 yesterday, Musk himself was described as a troll after his behaviour towards the gentleman with Muscular Dystrophy. How on Earth is he going to be able to comply with the requirements of the forthcoming Online Safety Bill if he behaves in this fashion himself?

Whether this is deliberate or due to his own disability is neither here nor there IMO as others are suffering due to his various actions.

I'm all for disabled people being given access to and support to do any job that they are capable of doing, but not every disabled person will have tje capability to do every job by the very nature of their disability.

For something as important as internet safety & appropriate management I think that the Government should include a requirement that a fit & proper person should be required to be put in charge of interactive sites where people can post comments, so i'm going to suggest to my contact at Ofcom that they request this as part of their powers under the Online Safety Bill because we've all seen the effects of not doing so.

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 11-03-2023 at 15:00. Reason: Spelling & completion. Fac HTH.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote