View Single Post
Old 23-06-2022, 22:17   #4192
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Britain outside the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
I know you probably posted this to get a reaction, but I’m pretty sure the 180,000 (and their families and friends) who didn’t survive this "survivable respiratory illness" may disagree with your definition of "survivable"…
I didn’t but….just for the U.K……a disease that kills just 0.26% of the population over two years or so ……..is by any definition “survivable”………statistically.

I mean if a doctor said to me, “I’m afraid it’s bowel cancer - but the survival rate is 99.74% ……I’d take those odds……..I’d call that “survivable”.

So no, I didn’t post it to get a “reaction” and it’s very sad a lot people died….for a variety of reasons and mistakes…………but it doesn’t change the fact that COVID for the vast majority of the population was very much “survivable”.

My position on this, and lockdowns, I think you will agree has been consistent throughout.