Thread: 100M Hub reboots by itself
View Single Post
Old 30-05-2022, 21:40   #8
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: Hub reboots by itself

[COLOR="Blue"]
Thanks for taking the trouble.

The "slope" that VM mentioned is the power attenuation that worsens as the frequency rises. This is evident in your pasted stats.

The SNR (labelled RxMER in the stats) is the signal to noise ratio and, to my surprise is reported as pretty much nominal.

The BQM is also perfect; no red areas across the top. No mass of high rising yellow. So over-utilisation in your area is not evident.

A couple more questions:

1. How far is your house from the VM street box that serves you? Is it verging on the 200m?

2. Is there an attenuator attached to your modem cable? If so, try removing it and see if that improves. I would not be happy with your power levels, although they are within the DOCSIS spec range.

3. Please also paste your upstream levels.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote