View Single Post
Old 10-08-2019, 23:45   #6005
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

The North American figures were expected to stall, as I'm sure you know.

Their position in the market is number one and for a while and maybe again, they became the world's largest media company. I don't see how that is untested. What test would they have to pass in your view?

They compete everyday with other media companies for eyeballs, Disney et all still run tv channels and subscription services. And I'm not assuming that the other streamers may not hurt them, they may when they're up and running, but that's not happening yet or anytime soon.

Slower growth? Are you going by the last quarter's results here?? They're American growth is slowing and that was expected, but intentionally they're still motoring along. Yes they pay more for rights, as does everyone else and yes, they do implement prices rises from time to time, just like "proper" companies do.

151 million customers pay for Netflix, whether they consider a low value add on or not, they still pay.

---------- Post added at 23:45 ---------- Previous post was at 23:40 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Ah, you’re literally sitting here talking up your own stock portfolio.

Makes sense now.
You think me talking here on a Saturday night on a UK forum, will affect the share price of a American company? If only I had that power!

I also own Disney, did own Sky, own Discovery and others. As I'm so powerful to move share prices, I'll talk about all of them now.

What exactly is your beef with Netflix?