View Single Post
Old 26-08-2020, 14:55   #3298
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Will Scotland Leave the UK?

I see GERS also decided that Scotland would pay £3.4bn in military spending.

Need to fabricate the figures somehow I guess.

---------- Post added at 13:55 ---------- Previous post was at 13:51 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
So the Scots would vote for independence AND the Conservatives.
Where on earth have I said they wouldn't have a right to choose?
Scotland has a higher GDP per person, than most of England. Only marginally lower than the East of England.
The whole of London, the South East, and East of England do not solely comprise of the "City".
The combined UK-wide turnovers of Google and Amazon don't even come close to covering the gap. That is an indication of the size of the revenue gap. You only tax a portion of any GDP, so the extra GDP required is several times that. Eg if the deficit is 7% of GDP, then you need an increase in GDP well into double figures.
Still no sign of any evidence that the SNP have a policy where corporation tax might be reduced below that of the UK.
Once again you’re trying to attribute the impact on the entire economy to one or two companies. Not entirely sure that’s how it’d work. Nobody has said what the SNP policy for an independent Scotland would be because it’s not relevant to my argument.

Right wing people have warned against public spending because of capital flight through tax rises. The reverse of this is encouraging investment by lowering tax - something now suddenly doesn’t work for Scotland. Just be open about the fact you are skewing the facts to suit your ideology/agenda - just as Old Boy does.

I get that England fears an independent Scotland. I would too if I were English, however I’m not so can only look at things objectively from where I sit here in Scotland.
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote