Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 26-01-2021, 11:33   #3069
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Well, you would say that, wouldn’t you, Andrew, because it shows the bureaucratic EU in a bad light and it shines a light on nimble, post Brexit Britain.

The ‘international talent’ argument is irrelevant here. This is all about the fact that the EU’s inefficient procurement procedures have delayed the whole process. EU countries are all aware that Britain is streets ahead and it has not gone down well. They have yet even to approve the Astra Zeneca vaccine!

This is the first example of the benefits of Brexit, and it’s only January.

Having said that, I hope the problem at the Belgium operation is sorted out quickly. Lives are at stake here and so they need to get these problems resolved.
Maybe they haven't approved the Astrazenica vaccine because they have concerns about it?

We had no option but to approve it because it's the only show in town. Even then we may not hit the herd immunity threshold with it. So I'd not count those chickens before they hatch. More lockdowns while we wait on more effective vaccines would be a sub-optimal outcome I'm sure you'd agree.