View Single Post
Old 12-05-2020, 16:25   #1292
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Linear is old tech - on demand is the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Yes, I am amazed that your Chronecast method gives you a better picture. As a matter of interest, have you set your picture settings on the V6 to the UHD setting (assuming you have a UHD TV, of course)?

Like you, I am not yet ready to ditch the linear channels, but my reason is simply that there are some programmes that would not be accessible through streaming only at present. I would expect that to change before too much longer, however. I did work out what I would be missing if I cut the cable a couple of years ago, and the TV Player appeared to fill most of the gaps, but this turned out to be a disappointment and I gave up with TV Player. Given that it is taking services off its platform now, I think perhaps I'm not the only one to be disappointed with it.

I look forward to the day when I can get all of my programme needs through VM without the need to subscribe to all those rubbish TV channels I don't use and simply access their comprehensive on demand selection. Provided it gives me what I need (particularly the ability to watch stuff I've bookmarked for up to a year), this could save me a sum of money. Hopefully, VM will step up to the plate and let me do this, with all the new streaming services provided from launch. The failure so far to acquire the rights to bring us Disney +, however, is not a good sign.

Indeed, it would be great to only have to pay for sky sports and BT sports in HD with recording facilities and dump the rest.