View Single Post
Old 29-04-2020, 14:33   #2780
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
<SNIP>

The role of Governments and Central Banks is to support the global economy at this time. What do we pay taxes for 50 years for if it can’t even, for a mere few months, underwrite and support the economy?
To underscore what jfman said above, on LBC someone said (I paraphrase) that in the UK scheme of things we pay into the system and we need healthcare support, the state provides that. Meanwhile, people not needing that support are still paying in case they (and others) do.

On jfman's specific point about supporting the economy, I'll bet that the different countries are squirrelled away planning how their economy can come out stronger than the others'.

With regard to the virus, the UK is in the position of watching Germany, Italy and others that are "ahead" of the curve. Our Guvmin can take wise decisions given the delicate balancing act of retaining public consent.

My advice is at your risk.