View Single Post
Old 27-02-2019, 16:21   #615
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Linear is old tech - on demand is the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I think so too. I will certainly record less as a result of such a decision. 4 weeks is too restrictive for me.

---------- Post added at 12:58 ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 ----------

They are not going to sink a shedload of money into it until superfast broadband is rolled out over the whole country. That's all that appears to be stopping them. Once they have the reach, watch this space.

Do I actually need to mention to you that the Britbox UK announcement is further evidence that on demand viewing/streaming is the future of TV? I still don't think you see it, do you, despite the substantial amount of evidence out there?
Why do they need superfast broadband to be rolled out further than it already is? If they are relying on the tiny minority of homes without adequate broadband to make or break their business model then the plans are already margonal at best. Those homes are already years behind in terms of the market emerging there.

It’s a red herring for the reality you ignore. The market simply doesn’t exist on the level you believe it does and you underestimate the main players now and their ability to adapt. Despite both Sky and Virgin being supported as part of wider media empires that have a worldwide business model relying upon it.