View Single Post
Old 27-02-2019, 13:53   #612
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Linear is old tech - on demand is the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
If you find the post where I said that, you will also find the statistics I used to show that the UK national grid lacks the capacity to light up all the fibre that would be required to deliver the total viewing of all UK households over IP as opposed to the present mix of IP and broadcast. I actually don’t have the time or the inclination to do the work for you - feel free to search and post the link.

Sadly for you, “that certainly sounds crazy now” isn’t an effective counter-argument. What you need is some statistics showing projected growth in the UK’s energy production and distribution infrastructure. And while you’re at it, don’t forget to factor in other future uses of that infrastructure for which we are presently ill-prepared, principally charging all-electric vehicles.

Clearly you have plenty of time on your hands so I’m going to assume, if you don’t post the figures that back up your assertion, that you found the figures disagree with you.

Now, off you pop.
You simply cannot make a case based on what is 'now', Chris. If more capacity is needed, more will be created. To use the fact of what is the situation now to justify why something won't happen in the future is, well, naive.

Nobody posts reams of facts and figures to prove their viewpoint - it's pretty obvious to anyone with their eyes open where this is all going.

I certainly do not have the time to help you understand all the facts behind the blindingly obvious - my interests extend well beyond the Cable Forum!