View Single Post
Old 21-05-2018, 16:09   #2016
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
Re: [Update] Windows 10 Discussion

Spectre V2 mitigation leads to a huge slowdown on one of my Linux's (OpenSuse Tumbleweed). It starts OK and I can start to play video (Netflix, Amazon) but after a while it gets really sluggish and the HD light stays lit. Machine becomes unusable, I have to switch to a console and kill Firefox processes.

But lots of distro's don't just push all kernel updates out. But the point still remains that most updates in Linux don't require an reboot or even logout/in. Kernel updates do require a reboot but you can keep on working and when you do reboot you don't have to wait hours while patches are applied, then have multiple reboots after that as you do with Windows. Nothing more annoying that shutting down and wanting to go home to be told that Windows is apply fixes and not to turn off.