View Single Post
Old 13-07-2021, 10:52   #8319
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Re: What are you eating now thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetiepooh View Post
I buy beans from Asian supermarket where I can get a 600g jar of white beans that is 85 bean not water for 69p. They have lots of other sorts of bean so is it worth checking if you have access?

---------- Post added at 10:00 ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 ----------

I call it Celebratory Chef Inflation. You have a nice cheap and tasty ingredient. Some TV Chef then shows everyone else and it becomes trendy and the price shoots up.

Pork ribs are same. Often charge more for the bony ribs than the meat they cut off them and often in this country they cut nearly all the meat off the bone (don't buy ribs with the bone showing - shiners). Waitrose have their "Meaty Ribs" but too often cut into "chops" not left as a rack.
I was a butcher back in the 80s and the spare ribs we used to sell then were just the waste off the shoulder next to the much tastier spare rib chop. Now you see butchers (well supermarket meat providers anyway) cutting the rib off the belly draft and then selling them as spare rib basically ruining the belly draft in the process. Meat is much better cooked on the bone where possible.

Best cut of beef is the chine rib cooked on the bone but now they ruin that by cutting the eye out of it and steaking that
Jaymoss is offline   Reply With Quote