View Single Post
Old 28-10-2006, 12:13   #10
floppus
Inactive

floppus is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: I don't want the lobster

Isn't it human nature to weigh up the total value of the package being offered (its not often that existing customers get the opportunity for 'special' deals). Having been a customer of sky from their day one analogue launch to 3 years ago and of ntl since then it is very plain that the vast majority of incentives and deals are directed at enticing new subscribers.

When I recieved this 'very special offer' to 'valued customers' I though whoooo! something for us for the first time. But no.... It would have been nice, if the offered phone (valued at £69.99 in the argos book) could have been upgraded to a better handset with an additional charge but with some consideration of credit for the lobster not being taken.

I would have been happy to pay an addional sum but not to have to pay full street price to get the better phone when the lobster was included in the 'special deal'.

Now don't get me wrong ..... I think that the £10 pm for 300+300 deal is still pretty good but the overall package is spoilt by the limitations of the handset and the non availability of an upgrade whilst still taking acount of the overall deal benefit. Apart from phones for 'kiddies' tri/quad band and bluetooth facilities are becoming more and more standard. So come on Virgin/ntl:Telewest lets have a a sensible approach to this issue.

All I want is a phone to do what I need without having to buy a full price handset. (does anyone know people who buy the handsets these days at the full prices) These prices are often only quoted as rrp £*** to indicate some relative value when you sign up for a deal inc. FREE phone.
floppus is offline   Reply With Quote