View Single Post
Old 14-07-2019, 09:58   #5629
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Why do you opine that existing Sky Sports and BT subscribers would not simply migrate to Amazon if that's where the football was? I do not understand why you see such a barrier between these services.
I said millions would. What is untested is how many subscribe for the Premiership and how many subscribe for a range of other content. The proportion that would switch to a solely Premiership service, and perhaps importantly the speed at which they do in a three year contract window, is a massive risk. A risk Amazon did not take.

Quote:
As for superfast broadband, coverage increases substantially year on year and Boris Johnson has already committed to speed up the process significantly. We should be virtually there by 2022.
A commitment to do something and the ability to do something politically are two different things. The current minister told the select committee for the environment, food and rural affairs on Wednesday that a 2025 commitment wasn’t realistic.

Quote:
Who suggested that Amazon would not make an additional charge for football? It must be obvious to everyone that they would not pay for the footie rights and stream it free of extra charge for the good of their health.
You’re putting up another straw man. I pointed out that was the only insight offered by the member I responded to, that is all.