Thread: Brexit
View Single Post
Old 20-05-2019, 20:41   #2368
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I'm not at all uncomfortable and our Nige denies wrongdoing. However, if he does get criticised for this in the end, it does not change the argument for Brexit, does it?
As I said, the expenses issue is a diversion from where the future of our country lies.
If key protagonists on any side of a debate are found to be acting against the law or the spirit of the law then it weakens them as spokespeople for their arguments.
In the case of Nigel Farage, he has such a simple message and powerful personality that I doubt his supporters will do much critical thinking if anything unlawful is exposed. In the case of Change UK, they have few supporters and minimal funding that I doubt they have had the opportunity to do anything unlawful.