View Single Post
Old 20-03-2018, 07:36   #1209
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Government & Post Election Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
In this day and age when companies like Cambridge Analytica misuse personal data, it's only right that every company guarantees only to process the data for the purpose for which it was given. The size of the company is irrelevant, that should be a basic right.
If you're a small company, internal procedures can be straightforward and proportionate. A standard privacy policy will suffice.
A GDPR industry has crept up, a bit like the millennium bug industry in 1999 with many scare-mongers prophisising gloom and doom to line their pockets. Bad news GDPR consultants, I wasn't fooled in 1999 and I won't be fooled now.
Good grief, Andrew, that EU bubble you are in still shows no sign of bursting! You have completely ignored my point that organisations are having to set out in documentation stuff that should be laid down in law, avoiding massive duplication by every organisation - even tiddlers like residents' associations and clubs.

There is not a problem with protecting personal data. It is the problem of laying down laws in a scattergun manner which ties everyone in knots.

Maybe you should talk to one of the small organisations affected by this and see how happy they are with the GDPR - if they even understand it.

http://www.computerweekly.com/news/4...about-the-GDPR