View Single Post
Old 26-03-2020, 19:05   #1367
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
I agree Hugh and that's why I think a concrete order for 10,000 ventilators is better than concrete offers.
If you mean the Dyson ones, they haven’t been built or approved yet, so they’re "jam tomorrow".

Apparently, the EU offer "got lost in the post’.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-52052694
Quote:
UK government spokesperson said: "Owing to an initial communication problem, the UK did not receive an invitation in time to join in four joint procurements in response to the coronavirus pandemic.

"As the (European) Commission has confirmed, we are eligible to participate in joint procurements during the transition period, following our departure from the EU earlier this year.

"As those four initial procurement schemes had already gone out to tender we were unable to take part in these, but we will consider participating in future procurement schemes on the basis of public health requirements at the time."

The EU has said the UK can take part in the project, which will use the EU's buying power to purchase more stock, even though it is no longer a member of the bloc.

Earlier on Thursday, Downing Street said the UK would not be joining the scheme because "we are no longer members of the EU".
Obviously, two different spokesmen...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.

Last edited by Hugh; 26-03-2020 at 19:09.