Thread: US Timeline Star Trek: Discovery
View Single Post
Old 17-08-2016, 21:06   #55
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Star Trek: Discovery (2017)

and that limits them in the scope of the stories, ships, in-story technology, aliens etc which they can use because they have got to stick to what is already known and established. I enjoyed Enterprise but I think what I just said was the reason for its downfall. Look at Voyager; new quadrant means new aliens and planets which means new technology which means unlimited possibilities for stories. Even if you tried to make it adventurous and say they are out exploring space for the first time like Archer and Kirk, they can only discover what we already known about and is already part of Federation and Starfleet history. The best you can get is learning the nitty gritty details about it and exploring some stories in depth. It is probably the wrong time frame but I would love to see them cover aspects of the Federation-Klingon war similar to the odd eps in seasons 5 and 6 of DS9 covering the Dominion war.

Last edited by General Maximus; 17-08-2016 at 21:09.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote