View Single Post
Old 10-08-2008, 17:55   #13614
Dephormation
Inactive

Services: Aquiss.net and loving it. No more Virgin Media, no more Virgin Phone, no more Virgin Mobile.
Dephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to all
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter N View Post
You might want to withold judgement of PC Pro until you have read the article for yourselves.

Read this by the same Davey Winder dated 6th August 2008.
I was literally about to quote the same thing!

This article
, published only a few days ago, is much closer to the truth as I understand it.

Actually, its a very succinct summary of the current status quo. I particularly liked these paragraphs...
Quote:
The BBC reports that "no action would be taken against the telco due to the difficult nature of explaining to consumers what it was doing."

Great, the cover it with bullcrap and it comes up smelling of roses argument wins again. Well, not quite, it seems. Now the European Union Commissioner for Information Society and Media, Viviane Reding has got involved.
So I would guess the Pc Pro article has been heavily edited, or is very out of date copy.

Davey Winder's thinking does seem to be in the right place.

Pete.