View Single Post
Old 10-08-2008, 15:13   #13606
SelfProtection
Inactive

SelfProtection has a spectacular aura about themSelfProtection has a spectacular aura about themSelfProtection has a spectacular aura about themSelfProtection has a spectacular aura about them
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucevans View Post
The greedy advertising industry want their cake and to eat it. The two realistic revenue models for the internet are subscription and advertising. We already pay the subscription (VM XL broadband: £37.00 per month) so why the hell should we accept the other model on top of that? If VM cannot break even on my 20Mb line by charging me £37 a month, then write to me explaining this, together with a realistic quote of what it would actually cost to provide that connection, and I'll consider whether I'm willing to pay it or not. What I am absolutely NOT willing to do is submit to being Phormed.
No doubt the prat who wrote the original article also believes that the BBC's content is "free", therefore we should all pay the licence fee AND be forced to watch adverts on BBC channels. What an idiot.

In Six Months I have not heard any proper explanation as to why I should share my private & personal data with this system & in doing so "aid & abet" the collection of data from another Source which I regard as also Private & Confidential.

"Phorm get over it, It's my Data & I have Legal Protections & Copyright so I choose who to Share it with!"