View Single Post
Old 08-08-2008, 10:14   #13479
davews
Inactive

davews is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Jones View Post
The new MVPS HOSTS file is out - there is now a line for Phorm IPV4 IP ranges but no actual entries, although the NebuAd section definitely has some interesting domains - what effect is this going to have?

And how do we get the Phorm ranges included? Are they waiting for implementation before they block or are they open to information?
I believe the chap at MVPHosts was asked about including the Phorm ranges a couple of months ago and his reply was posted here (or maybe on one of the other forums). Since we cannot sensibly search in this thread I cannot find the posting.

I remember at the time he said something about the Phorm/Webwise domains changing hands (but no idea where he got that info from...). But until Phorm actually starts he really can't do anything as he would be speculating what urls they will be using. The fact he has now added a section for them indicates he knows about Phorm and will due course add them. But he can do nothing until they actually start to be used, and knows what can be blocked and what can't (as it would kill your browsing).

Remember you can always add them yourself...