View Single Post
Old 08-08-2008, 00:14   #13460
Dephormation
Inactive

Services: Aquiss.net and loving it. No more Virgin Media, no more Virgin Phone, no more Virgin Mobile.
Dephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to all
Cool Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by philj View Post
Hi all,
I've put a message up on my site
Written to the European Commisioner
Written thanking Baroness Miller for her work
Written to OFCOM
Written to VirginMedia 3 letters and emailed them as well
Written to the Home Office (spitting in the wind I think)
Given the Dephormation flyer to 2 Doctors Practices I know with instructions to sign the petition or I'll stop being ill ( 6 Doctors in all )
Been round to 3 local firms who deal on the net and left the info with them
working on getting some more flyers out
whats the wording for a complaint to ICO reading their online form did my head in and who else can I annoy ?

Philj

not looking for a pat on the back here just guidance

EDIT still waiting for a reply to my reply to virginmedia not as quick of the mark this time first response was within 24hours 4days and counting
More ideas;
- Send your ISP/telecom provider (both) a section 11 DPA notice (my wizard will help you write it, and find the right address)
- Write to your MP if you haven't done it already (again this wizard will compose a basic letter for you).

ISPA, waste of a stamp, but handling letters and writing replies gives them something enjoyable to do.

Think about what's been going on. Is there an enquiry you think we've missed? A question unanswered in your mind? Then write to the Government department and ask. Examples might include the Cabinet Office, BERR, Home Office, ICO. Make sure the letter is headed Freedom of Information request.
Keep the question simple to answer, and you'll get a response in 20 days, in theory. Who, what, why, when... Stick to stuff that costs nothing to photocopy and/or print. Letters, minutes, agendas, meetings. Think about sites like whatdotheyknow.com and writetothem.com.

Also Sir Michael Rake at BT. Ask him to explain what BT were doing in 2006 and 2007. Mention BT's values, and contrast them with what we know about Webwise and the conduct of BT. (I'm still waiting for my reply).

Ignore the ICO form, write directly to Richard Thomas, and ask for an explanation for ICO's lack of "technical expertise" and failure to hire those skills. Ask him to explain the evident lack of regulatory independence demonstrated in the correspondance released by ICO (on Dephormation.org.uk).

Pete.