Thread: Superhub Live stream on twitch
View Single Post
Old 24-11-2019, 23:04   #6
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Live stream on twitch

I was slightly curious because I have never used twitch before so I thought I would do a little experiment. The first test is a normal non-twitch test with a torrent uploading in the background and the second test is same conditions with a live twitch stream going. Although both test were done one after the other I saw a 40mbits drop in the twitch test which is more than the 6mbits wildfruit suggested but it is still negligible and not connection killing.

Edit: I wanted a definitive answer so to prove a point I did the test three times and each time the results were the same. The top row is the non-twitch and bottom is with twitch going. We can be confident that twitch uses 40mbits.

Last edited by General Maximus; 24-11-2019 at 23:13.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote