Thread: General Changes to Virgin TV (2020)
View Single Post
Old 28-05-2020, 19:58   #677
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2020)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox35 View Post
I would much prefer we had the Catch Up/On Demand content over the live channels instead. Also, I wish we had the full Catch Up/On Demand versions of the apps for all the tv players instead of the fastly inferior trimmed down "edited" versions VM provide and cheekily charge us for them. Even the full content versions of the tv player apps are available on Freeview.
VM used to lead the way with its ingenious Catch Up and On Demand services years ago, sadly this service has become quite dire in comparison to the other providers. VM need to realise that live linear tv is becoming more obsolete now more than ever with the younger generations, who are the future subscribers and bill payers, and invest more in On Demand services if they are to survive.
Virgin negotiated the full version of My5 last year (although it has yet to appear).
I agree with you that VM really need to take this more seriously and get a reputation for being the destination to view all players and streamers. Otherwise, Virgin will always be trailing Sky in the popularity stakes. I don't understand why they keep settling for second best.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote