View Single Post
Old 29-05-2018, 11:53   #25
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age
Re: Virgin Media UK to axe V Boxes from August

yep, it's what he knows and loves
he has a couple of Panasonic freeview VHS DVD recorders (one in living room with Tv and cable, one in dining room which just has tv aerial for freeview)

he has loads of tapes going back years he won't part with, i gave up trying to explain the advantage of the dvd recorder.

he's confused by the idea of the machine recording to a hard drive, I've explained I love it, but is worried that if it goes wrong and Virgin have to repair box he'll lose programmes, which is true, I've had that and it is a right PITA. there's also advtange that he can use VHS to record in living room, and watch in dining room.

He'd be the first to admit he's a stubborn old man that doesn't want to move with them times, he just wants to watch/record his football hopefully when he finds out he can record 2 matches at once, or if there's an overlap can watch, pause, rwd while its recording he'll come round

I occasionally go round there to watch the footy, and it's quite painful watching it on his nice 40" LG LCD TV plugged in via scart to old cable box
admars is offline   Reply With Quote