View Single Post
Old 16-07-2015, 20:06   #10091
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

NHS nurses.

My mum went in to hospital to have a lump removed from her pancreas (about 1/3 non cancer) and a bit more bowel removed (GIST very very slow spreading cancer).

She spend 2 days in ICU and the nurse looking after was great informing us and answer questions we had.

Yesterday (Wednesday) she was transferred to a HDU ward she had about 5/6 tubes giving drugs. She should have been in ICU for 5 days but as she was doing so well they moved her too the HDU. She will not be allowed to eat until at least Saturday to allow the internal stitches to properly heal.

A young nurse who was doing her 2 hourly obs was a credit to her parents, and the nursing profession.

Today she was able to sit in her chair for 2 hours, I believe today or tomorrow she will be allowed to drink fluids.

The only moan it's 1-1/2 hours journey time from home to hospital.

Luckily nowadays mobile phones are allowed to me used.

But I guess the worst part is the 16th July is my Mum & Dads 49th wedding anniversary.

Next year will be a bigger party than ever now.