Thread: Superhub Login
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 14:41   #34
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Services: 3 phone lines, 100mb broadband, and TV x2 (including one Tivo)
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Re: Login

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Fisher View Post
I tried everything to get the superhub to work because desktop space is short and I find the modem/router combination attractive but only if it works and only if it was more flexible like allowing the dns servers and/or the gatewateway address to be changed for example.

Anyway in the course of my endeavours to stabilise the superhub I did try it at 5ghz/300mbps. I found this mode to offer the best performance of all BUT in spite of InSSider telling me I was the only one running 5gig locally my superhub STILL rebooted itself 5 to 10 times a day.

I have no more idea of why you don't get a problem than I have as to why I did get a problem, their are just too many factors involved.

As an example lets take my Daughter. She has BT and of course uses the HH3. She tells me she is quite happy with it. She has a PC wired to it and connects wirelessly with an iPOD touch, an iPAD, 2 x smartphones, a laptop and an internet radio BUT she only shares the internet connection through the HH3 and has no more idea of networking than I have of flying a Space Shuttle. She also lives in a small village which may also be a factor.
Have you tried changing the channel it operates on?

I was talking to someone at VM, who said that he uses his SH in modem mode also. He said that the modem is good, and the router is fine for most people. But for people like himself (he does game testing) who demand a lot more than average, then the router isn't up to the job.

Now I run 2 laptops, 2 PS3's, and 4 phones through the wifi, and my PC is wired. This sounds like more than your daughter uses. So I'm wondering where the limit is for the SH.

Do you live near anything that gives out strong radio signals. And have you reported the problem to VM?
Tim Deegan is offline   Reply With Quote