View Single Post
Old 04-01-2017, 07:00   #3659
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week
Re: Post-Brexit Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
It's interesting how some can interpret things so differently from others.

How is it not true, the country being united, that is?

On your own graph, whole regions of the country voted by a huge majority to vote leave, almost 60% and most of the others by over 50%. Only Scotland, NI and London voted differently. You never get a general election result so overwhelmingly clear like that.

I call that very united!
The country is most definitely not united ,almost half the voters are against the decision to leave the EU that is why the process up to now has been so so troublesome .You simply cannot say that the vote has united the country .

---------- Post added at 06:55 ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Would you have preferred for Cameron to have remained PM?
Either stayed to follow through on the result as he promised or resigned in a more controlled manner instead of spitting his dummy out .He has done the country a great disservice and if he is never seen in Parliament again it will be too soon

---------- Post added at 07:00 ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
.... as you correctly say the number of commonwealth citizens voting or how they voted is not know. But we can extrapolate a rough guess based on the demographics of each London borough. And guess who is the majority population in the 5 London boroughs that voted to leave...? British of course. The rest of London is majority foreign and it is not out of this world to suggest that they voted a different way. I suggest they did. The correlation is clear.

The 3 million figure I quoted is for foreign residents in London. I didn't say they all voted, that's just how many are registered to vote.
You can tweak the figures as much as you like but it still doesn't mean the country is united behind Brexit ,the exact opposite is true